Saturday 23 February 2013

Learning from Children

After only spending a few hours per day over the past 3 days with the children at Kilikids I am reminded about appreciating what I have, living in the now and finding the magic in each day.  Below are a few of the children I have the honor and privilege to get to know...
 
 
Jackie is a sweetheart, with big beautiful eyes and perfectly curled eyelashes.  A bit mischievous too!
 
 
Samueli, the older brother of 4 of the boys at the orphanage.  He loves to help out with his brothers and taking photos.  He says to me:  "picture Teacher, picture?  He helps me with my Swahili as I help him with his English.
 
 
And little Benno, seriously how adorable is he?  He reminds me of a future rugby player. 
 
My magical moment yesterday was jumping rope with the girls and picking papayas with the boys at Kilikids.   Their faces were lit up with bright smiles of joy and laughter.   They find joy in every moment whether they are playing with a stick, helping out in the garden or heading off on their walk to school.  I am humbled by their ability to love and appreciate each other and live in the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment