Sunday 17 February 2013

Life is about the Journey, not the Destination...

As I reflect from my hotel in Amsterdam, I notice how surprisingly peaceful and joyful I am.  There was a time where a 2 day delay getting to Tanzania would have left me stressed, upset and eager to hold someone responsible, but this has not been the experience for me over the past few days.
My flight from Calgary was cancelled on the 15th due to maintenance thus I left 26 hours later than scheduled.  I arrived safely in Amsterdam this morning to find out I missed my connecting flight by 30 min :).  They advised me I will be leaving tomorrow morning and put me up in a hotel with meals, etc.  Ultimately there is not much I can do about it so I chose to be in the now and enjoy the journey.  I was able to have a cozy nap, hot bath and enjoy a wonderful dinner and nice chat with a lovely lady, Joe from London (who gave me some wonderful tips about my travels in the UK).
Further I saw this below post on Facebook which reminded me of something I am taking on this year...Being PEACEFUL and being COMFORTABLE with the UNCOMFORTABLE.

Well, the universe keeps providing me with opportunities to do this!!


No comments:

Post a Comment